Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Promise! It doesn't bother me...follow-up



I spoke to my young son today about his example to me and others and how his dirty hands, wild dancing, and carefree attitude can be so contagiously wonderful. What surprised me most was that his green eyes welled-up with tears and he hugged me and said that "made me so happy, dad." I then spent the next 30 minutes talking to my children about how proud I am as their father and all that they teach me. My son cried, and my daughter (6 years old) beamed. My 3 year old just made faces at me. Children truly can be the source of all that is healing and pure. So, why not act like them some time? Afterwards, I watched him run around in circles down the aisle at the store...and I let him.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

What a tender hearted boy. Perhaps a future play therapy should be adults following the example of children. "Do as I'm doing"....I love your kids. You are a great parent.